Vietnam Visa Requirements
There is a common, and short, checklist of what you need in order to apply for a Vietnam visa. This list applies for all passport-holders whose countries do not have visa exemption agreement with Vietnam. If you apply for special visa type (other than the tourist visa), additional documents may be required.
The following documents are required to apply for a Vietnam visa:
- Passport: A passport with at least 6-month validity from the date of travel. Temporary passport may be declined.
- Photo: Two passport sized photos (4x6 cm and must be recently taken with no glass-wear)
- Application Form: M3 entry/exit form (for visa on arrival)
- Stamping Fee: Pay by cash upon arrival (for visa on arrival) - $25 for single entry and $50 for multiple entry
- Approval Letter: This is required if you want to obtain the visa on arrival at Vietnam's airport.
Frequently asked questions
Can I wear glasses for my visa photos?
No, please take them off for your visa photos.
Where can I find the M3 entry/exit form?
You can download it here.
What documents do I need to apply for a visa at the local Embassy?
Kindly contact the embassy directly for detailed instructions. In general, you are required to submit the following documents:
- Your original passport (with at least 06 month validity prior to the departure date)
- Completed and signed application form with 02 photos (4x6cm)
- Visa fees (Money order or Certified Check) payable to the Embassy.
- Prepaid return envelope (Fedex or USPS) if you wish to receive the visa by mail/post.
Can I use visa on arrival to travel overland from Cambodia to Vietnam?
No, visa on arrival is for air travel only. If you want to enter Vietnam via a border gate, you can apply for an e-visa or a visa at the local embassy before you go.