Steps required to apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival:
The process of getting a visa on arrival is quite simple and includes the following simple steps:
- Apply online for an approval letter, which may take 3-5 working days for standard processing and 8 working hours for urgent processing.
- Receive the approval letter by email and print a hard copy. Prepare 2 passport sized photos, your passport (must be valid for at least 6 months at time of entry) and stamping fee of 25 USD (for single entry visa) and 50 USD (for multiple entry visa) in cash.
- Present all above mentioned documents to get your visa stamp upon arrival at an international airport in Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city, Nha Trang, Hai Phong and Da Nang). That it is!
Updates: June, 03 2018
- - The 15 day free visa exemption has been extended to June 2020 for the passport holders from United Kingdom, France, - Spain, Italy and Germany. Travellers from these countries can travel to Vietnam without a visa for 15 days, longer term visas can be obtained through visa on arrival or at the local embassy.
- - If you travel with children having their own passports, you are also required to pay the same fees as adults.
- - The stamping fee at Vietnam airport is payable in cash only, no credit cards are accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions
1 - Is Vietnam Visa on Arrival legitimate?
YES – it is as the Issuing authority is the Immigration Department.
- - Ordinance on entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam
- - Government’s Decree No. 21/2001/ND-CP
- - Joint Circular No. 04/2002/TTLT/BCA-BNG
2 - Can I extend my visa once I am in Vietnam using this visa on arrival?
In most cases, you are able to renew your visa once you are in Vietnam. 95% of our customers were able to review their visas without hassle. Some can not get their visas renewed for one of the following reasons:
- - They overstay their visas
- - They have problems with the past entry (overstay, wrong entry purpose)
3 - Can I get a photo when I arrive?
There is currently no photo boot at Vietnam airport, we strongly recommended that you get one before you go. Recently, Our customers reported that they were able to get their photos taken at Vietnam airport for $2/each through an unprofessional photo service.
Recommended Reading: In the article below, we listed 5 most common mistakes and how to avoid them
Read our articles on 5 common mistakes with visa-on-arrival and how to avoid