Visa for travelling on a cruise with Holland America


I will be travelling on a cruise with Holland America March 2011 and will be stopping at 3 ports in Vietnam during the cruise.

Do I need a 30 day multiple trip visa or can I use 30 day single trip visa for both stops? 
I am a UK citizen with UK passport.  Could you please tell me whether I need to apply for a Visa before my trip.
Also I have read about applying on line with pick up of visa when arrive.  However it only mentions airports.  Does this apply to the cruise ship and can you get the visa at the cruise terminal when you get off the ship?
I will be stopping at the following ports
Phu My (for HoChi Min City)
Nha Trang
Halong Bay
Thank you

Jane Ruddock


Question by Jane Ruddock
Add comment


Answer by Tran


@Wanda  - Because visa on arrival is valid for air travel only, you are required to apply for a Vietnamese visa in South Africa before you go or you can ask the cruise operator to arrange the visa for your group as we know most cruises will offer such service to their  passengers.

@tan seng beng - yes, you will need a visa for visiting Halong bay as part of your cruise trip. If you are currently living in Singapore, you can contact the embassy of Vietnam in Singapore to apply for your visa.

@Vu Nguyen - Sure, you can use your Vietnamese passport to enter Vietnam, no visa is required. We advise that you renew your Vietnamese passport as soon as you can to avoid incurring fee for expired passport.

Add comment
Answer by Wanda

I am a South African visitor going to Vietnam. We will be arriving on the Queen Victoria ship with stops in two cities. I tried to get my Visa On-Line but it only had 2 options. 1 month single entry or 3 month single entry? Which one do I take or do you have another website?

Add comment
Answer by Vu Nguyen

Hi, I have a question about whether I need a visa to Vietnam. I am a U.S citizen, but my Vietnamese passport 's still valid ( its expiration date is in 2018). Do I need a visa to enter Vietnam or I can just use my Vietnamese paspport? Thanks, Vu Nguyen

Add comment
Answer by tan seng beng

i am travelling a cruise from sanya to Halong Bay then back to sanya. i am from china and do i need to apply for a visa?

Add comment
Answer by Tran

Dear Jane Ruddock

You need to obtain your visa prior to your trip since there is no visa on arrival for seaports. Please find the below for information on how to obtain your visa in UK at Vietnamese embassy:

We wish you an enjoyable trip to Vietnam.

Add comment