Visiting Relatives Visa for Vietnam

Hi I am a Canadian citizen wondering how I can stay longer in Vietnam? I know that there is a 3 month visa, that must be renewed periodically... and I have read on the internet that there is a possibility of staying for 2 years (called a residence visa?) My purpose for staying in Vietnam is to be with my family.

Question by Kim
Add comment

1 Comment

Answer by Phan

Hello Kim,

You can apply for a VR (visiting relatives) visa with maximum duration of 6 months and you are able to extend it once you are in Vietnam. In order to obtain a residence card, you must apply for a working or business visa with a sponsor letter from a licensed company in Vietnam.

Add comment