Visa for land crossing

Is it possible to get a visa for land border crossing without going to Vientiane? Can I get one in Luang Prabang or Vang vieng and if so, where?

Question by Frances
Add comment
1 Comment
Answer by Tran

Hello Frances,

If you are currently in Luang Prabang, you can contact the local Consulate of Vietnam in Luang Prabang to apply for your visa. A 30-day single entry visa is issued in 3 working days for $40 US, you can request for faster processing if needed.

p/s: there is currently no embassy of Vietnam in Vang Vieng.

Add comment