Adhesive visa

Can I can get the adhesive type visa , not the loose-leaf type, when I arrive, by air, in Hanoi? I need the adhesive type because I will be exiting Vietnam and into Laos by land, and Lao immigration needs proof of exiting Vietnam. A loose-leaf type is torn off by Vietnam immigration when leaving and therefore Lao Immigration will not allow someone in without "proof" or an adhesive visa.

Question by Roy
Add comment


Answer by Tran

Hello Roy,

For visa on arrival, the visa will be stamped on your passport permanently, so you can use it as a proof for your entry to Laos. Below is the example of an adhesive visa stamp:

Vietnam Visa Stamp
Visa stamp at Vietnam airport

Add comment
Answer by Thanh

Dear Roy

Both visa types will allow you to exit by land. We advise that you contact the local embassy for information on how to get a visa to Vietnam before you go.

We hope that helps!

Add comment