Vietnam Transit visa for Hong Kong citizen
I am a Hong Kong passport holder. I will be flying with Vietnam airline from London to Australia which will transit in Hanoi. The flight will arrive in Hanoi at 06:15 and depart at 16:00 on the same day. Do i need a transit passport if i'm not leaving the airport? And do i need a visa if the flight has technical halt in Ho Chi Minh City?
Question by CelineAdd comment
Answer by Tran
Transit visa is not required as long as you stay within the custom or transit area at Vietnam airport. However, If you want to get out the airport to have a short city tour in Hanoi, you can ask the airline to arrange a transit visa for you as your transit time is quite long (10 hours) and it takes just 45 minutes to get to Hanoi city center from the airport.
Take care and happy travel.
Ask a question
- Single or multiple visa? (UK passport holders) 1 Answer
- Visa required for connecting through Hanoi? 1 Answer
- Transit visa for 3 hours 1 Answer
- can i get a visa (tourist) despite the fact that my passport is valid for only 4 months ? 1 Answer
- Transit Visa for South Korea 3 Answers
- Short trip to Cambodia, back to Vietnam by land 1 Answer
- transiting visa Vietnam 3 Answers
- Obtain Vietnam Visa in Phnom Penh (or Siem Reap) 8 Answers
- transit visa for Vietnam 3 Answers
- Visa Application form 1 Answer
- Visa Cost 4 Answers
- Multiple Journey 2 Answers
- Do transfers need a visa? 5 Answers