Visa required for connecting through Hanoi?
I will be flying from Singapore to Hanoi, and changing planes to go on to Laos. I am flying different airlines into and out of Hanoi so they will not check the luggage through. I believe I have to go through customs to retrieve my bags and recheck them. Is a Visa required? Is there such a thing as a Transit Visa? Thank you.
You do not need a visa if you stay wihin the transit area. However, in case you get out the transit area to collect your luggage at Hanoi airport, you are required to apply for a visa to go through the customs. If you fly with Vietnam Airlines, we advise that you contact the airline for assistance on transit visa because VNA also offers transit visa service:
- Single or multiple visa? (UK passport holders) 1 Answer
- Vietnam Transit visa for Hong Kong citizen 1 Answer
- Transit visa for 3 hours 1 Answer
- can i get a visa (tourist) despite the fact that my passport is valid for only 4 months ? 1 Answer
- Transit Visa for South Korea 3 Answers
- Short trip to Cambodia, back to Vietnam by land 1 Answer
- transiting visa Vietnam 3 Answers
- Obtain Vietnam Visa in Phnom Penh (or Siem Reap) 8 Answers
- transit visa for Vietnam 3 Answers
- Visa Application form 1 Answer
- Visa Cost 4 Answers
- Multiple Journey 2 Answers
- Do transfers need a visa? 5 Answers