can i get a visa (tourist) despite the fact that my passport is valid for only 4 months ?
Hi there! I am an Irish student travelling Asia for the Summer (12 weeks). When I left Ireland on the 30th of May my passport was valid for another 6 months, however now it only valid for 4. It expires on the 5th of December 2011. I am terrified this will create problems for me as I wish to move from Laos, where I currently am, to Vietnam. The transition will be made over land. I have spent the day looking up this on the internet and most places say that I will need 6 months validity beginning on my entry into Vietnam (WHICH I DO NOT HAVE). There is no point in me applying for a passport extension as it will take too long. I wish to spent a week in Vietnam and then fly from Ho Chi Minh to Bangkok. A small number of internet sites didnt mention the 6 month validity issue but did instead say that a month passport validity upon leaving Vietnam is necessary. (this would not create any problems for me). Im not sure if this is exactly your field of expertise but I urgently need to know anything that could help me. Can you give me any insight as to this subject. I have tried contacting the embassy in Laos but it was too late and it will be closed at the weekend. I also tried to contact the Vietnamese embassy in London with no luck, unfortnately. I would really appreciate any help or advice you could give me, Thank you!
6-month validity remaining on passport is mandatory for any entry to Vietnam, so in order to avoid any problems at both departure and arrival airports, we suggest that you contact a nearest Irish embassy to renew your passport before you travel to Vietnam.
- Single or multiple visa? (UK passport holders) 1 Answer
- Visa required for connecting through Hanoi? 1 Answer
- Vietnam Transit visa for Hong Kong citizen 1 Answer
- Transit visa for 3 hours 1 Answer
- Transit Visa for South Korea 3 Answers
- Short trip to Cambodia, back to Vietnam by land 1 Answer
- transiting visa Vietnam 3 Answers
- Obtain Vietnam Visa in Phnom Penh (or Siem Reap) 8 Answers
- transit visa for Vietnam 3 Answers
- Visa Application form 1 Answer
- Visa Cost 4 Answers
- Multiple Journey 2 Answers
- Do transfers need a visa? 5 Answers